Friday, November 25, 2011

Here we are, on what is called Black Friday. The day retailers go from "the red and into the black." For me this is pack up autumn/harvest day and begin to decorate for Christmas and the winter season.
I love decorating for the holidays. I have been looking forward to decorating this
My front porch is bare and that is very sad
To everything change,change,change Ecclesiates 3:1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens
Our lives change constantly. Sometimes the changes that occur are hard. Other times we just roll with the changes. No doubt that this season of Christmas will be hard without mom. The holidays will be sad without her. I'll have moments where I will need to talk with her and she won't be there. I'll want to tell her what gifts I bought. My memories of my mom will live with me for the rest of my life. Her shortbread cookies and her candied pecans will be a treasured memory for not only me, but for so many.
Time for everything. There is time for friends, time for family, time for a new job, time to remember mom. A time to decorate for a Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment